Spring has arrived in full swing and it’s time to get your home in tip-top shape. This season is all about fresh starts so why not apply it to your home! Take a look at some tips to give your space the deep clean it needs before summer comes around.
Start with the Curtains
- Curtains collect dust and dirt much more than you may imagine. On top of that, they aren’t usually the first thing you notice that needs cleaning either. This spring all you need to do is grab a lint roller to clean up the collected dust, dirt, or pet hair. If you’re in need of a deeper clean, take the curtains down and run them through the dryer with a damp towel and the towel will attract the dust!
- Now that the weather has started to heat up, you’ll want to get your ceiling fans going again, which more than likely collected plenty of dust this winter. Rather than letting the dust circulate around the room and end up on the floor or furniture, fit a pillowcase around each fan blade to collect the dust inside.
- Along with starting the fans up, if you’re anything like us you’ll want to turn off the A/C and open your windows as much as possible. To make sure the wind doesn’t start blowing the dust in collected on your screens, remove them from the windowsill and take them outside for a deep clean. For best results, rub both sides with kerosene then clean with a cloth and soapy solution and finally rise with a hose.
Organize the Refrigerator
- Let’s face it – no matter how hard you try your fridge most likely always turns into a mess after coming home from the grocery store. This spring, take everything out of the fridge and take a salt and soda water mixture to wipe down each shelf one by one. Along with cleaning the fridge, you’ll be able to toss those expired foods in the trash that have been hiding in the back. To make items even easier to find, keep the highly perishable foods front and center and organize long-lasting ingredients by category.
The Outdoor Space
- This one is probably already on your list and fairly self-explanatory, but it’s easy to forget about cleaning your porch or patio until the warmer weather hits. Don’t wait too much longer to start enjoying your outdoor space and scrub off all the dirt and pollen that may have gathered around your furniture. Sweep up on your porch/deck and around doors and windows to get rid of any cobwebs or debris. Don’t be afraid to get the leaf blower out for extra firepower!
Spring is the perfect time for a fresh start and what better way for a fresh start than getting your home spic and span for the season. Make these tips part of your spring cleaning routine and don’t fall behind!